Synchronic is a 2020 American science fiction horror film directed and written by Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead. It stars Anthony Mackie, Jamie Dornan, and Katie Aselton. The film follows two New Orleans paramedics who respond to a series of bizarre and unexplainable deaths. As they investigate further, they discover that a new drug called Synchronic may be responsible, and that it is causing people to experience different time periods simultaneously.
The film was released in the United States on October 23, 2020, by Well Go USA Entertainment. It received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised its originality, atmosphere, and performances.
- Steve Denube (Anthony Mackie)
- Dennis Dannelly (Jamie Dornan)
- Tara Dannelly (Katie Aselton)
- Breaux (Ally Walker)
- Steve’s mother (Caroline Gillis)
- Steve’s father (Robert Longstreet)
- Critical reception
- Steve Denube (Anthony Mackie): A New Orleans paramedic who is struggling to cope with the death of his wife.
Steve Denube in Synchronic (2020)
- Dennis Dannelly (Jamie Dornan): Steve’s partner and best friend.
Dennis Dannelly in Synchronic (2020)
- Tara Dannelly (Katie Aselton): Dennis’s wife, who is pregnant with their first child.
Tara Dannelly in Synchronic (2020)
- Breaux (Ally Walker): A police detective who is investigating the deaths caused by Synchronic.
Breaux in Synchronic (2020)
- Steve’s mother (Caroline Gillis): Steve’s mother, who is suffering from dementia.
Steve’s mother in Synchronic (2020)
- Steve’s father (Robert Longstreet): Steve’s father, who is a distant and emotionally unavailable man.
The film follows Steve and Dennis as they respond to a series of bizarre and unexplainable deaths. The victims have all died in mysterious ways, and their bodies show signs of advanced aging. Steve and Dennis soon discover that a new drug called Synchronic may be responsible.
Synchronic is a highly addictive drug that causes people to experience different time periods simultaneously. The longer a person is exposed to Synchronic, the more their body begins to age. Steve and Dennis also discover that Synchronic can have other strange and dangerous effects, such as causing people to see and hear things that are not there.
As Steve and Dennis investigate further, they uncover a dark conspiracy involving the drug company that created Synchronic. They also learn that the drug is being used by people to travel back in time and change their pasts.
Steve and Dennis eventually find themselves caught up in a race against time to stop the drug company from releasing Synchronic to the public. They also have to save themselves and their loved ones from the drug’s deadly effects.
Synchronic explores a number of themes, including addiction, grief, and the dangers of tampering with time. The film also raises questions about the nature of reality and the possibility of multiple timelines.
One of the central themes of the film is addiction. Steve and Dennis are both struggling with their own addictions, and Synchronic represents the ultimate addiction. The drug is highly addictive and can have devastating consequences for its users.
Another important theme of the film is grief. Steve is still grieving the death of his wife, and Synchronic offers him a way to escape his pain. However, the drug only provides a temporary escape, and it ultimately leads to more pain and suffering.
Synchronic also explores the dangers of tampering with time. The film shows that changing the past can have unintended consequences. It also shows that the past is a powerful force that cannot be easily changed.
Synchronic received generally positive reviews from critics. The film was praised for its originality, atmosphere, and performances. Critics also commended the film’s exploration of complex themes such as addiction, grief, and the nature of reality.
Here is a continuation of your previous query, “Index of Synchronic (2020)”:
Here are some excerpts from critical reviews:
- “Synchronic is a thought-provoking and visually stunning film that is sure to stay with you long after you watch it.” – Variety
- “Synchronic is a must-see for fans of science fiction and horror. It is a well-crafted and thought-provoking film that will leave you thinking long after the credits roll.” – Forbes
- “Synchronic is a dark and atmospheric film with a unique premise. The performances are all excellent, and the film does a great job of building suspense. However, the ending is a bit unsatisfying.” – IGN
Overall, Synchronic was well-received by critics, who praised its originality, atmosphere, and performances. However, some critics found the ending to be unsatisfying.
Synchronic is a 2020 American science fiction horror film that is sure to stay with you long after you watch it. It is a thought-provoking and visually stunning film that explores complex themes such as addiction, grief, and the nature of reality. If you are a fan of science fiction and horror, then Synchronic is a must-see.